The aggrieved governor of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) known as G5 has travelled to Spain for a crucial meeting amid the crisis rocking the party.
The Nation gathered that the governors left the country for Madrid on Friday night hours after the Rivers Governor laid more allegations on the party Chairman, Iyorchia Ayu.
Those on board with Wike are Governors Seyi Makinde (Oyo); Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia) and Samuel Ortom (Benue) as the Enugu State governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi may join subsequently.
Recall that Wike, during a media chat in Port Harcourt on Friday, heaped more allegations on Ayu maintaining that the national chairman lacked the integrity to lead the party’s campaign for 2023.
Following the outcome of the party’s presidential primary election, the aggrieved Governors had insisted that it is unfair for the party to have the national chairman and presidential candidate from the North.
They said until Ayu resigns his position as chairman of the party, they would jettison the party’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar in the 2023 election.
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO
- Tension As Bandit Kill 90-Year-Old, Two Others In Fresh Gombe Attack