Former Governor of Edo State, Adams Oshiomhole have accused the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) Mr Peter Obi For contributing to the high unemployment rate in Nigeria.
Adams Oshiomhole, said Obi contributed to Nigeria’s unemployment by importing finished goods.
The All Progressives Congress, APC, senatorial candidate for Edo North, made the assertion during the flag-off of his campaign in the Auchi area of the State over the weekend.
“Obi owns the biggest shopping mall in Abuja and all the items sold there are imported.
“If he is selling imported wines, clothes and other items, he is contributing to why Nigeria is going down because he is creating jobs abroad and importing unemployment to Nigeria,” Oshiomhole said.
Statistics have shown that Nigeria’s unemployment rate stood at 33 percent as of the last quarter of 2020.
Most Nigerians and experts had blamed the APC for the high rate of unemployment in the country.
Following his emergence as LP presidential candidate, Obi had anchored his campaign on ensuring Nigeria becomes a production economy.
- JUST IN: Buhari Off To Guinea-Bissau
- “What Happened To Kunle Remi?” – Fans React As Popular Actress Bimbo Ademoye Reportedly Engaged To VJ Adams
- BREAKING: Spain-Born Hakimi Sends Morocco To World Cup Quarter-Finals
- 2023: ‘Vote APC Or We Deal With You’ –Powerful Lawmaker Threatens Constituents
- Court Remands Suspected Cultist For Attempting To Kill Policemen In Osun
Entertainment4 days ago
19 Youths To Receive Award At 7th Osun Youth Ambassador Award On Sunday
News3 days ago
How Wall Gecko Allegedly Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun
News4 days ago
Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola As APC Candidates In July 16 Guber Polls
News4 days ago
Police Arrest Four Secondary School Students Over Classroom Romance