Peter Obi, the Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate in the 2023 general election, has told Nigerians to vote for him based on the competence he has not on ethnic or entitlement sentiments.
Speaking during the Presidential Town Hall series organized by Arise TV on Sunday, the former Anamabra State Governor said that Nigerians should vote for him because he has the capacity to take the country out of its current predicament.
He explained that it is nobody’s turn, saying that rather, it is the turn of the youth and the women.
He told Nigerians not to vote for Peter Obi “because he is from the South East, he is a Christian, an Igbo man, or it is his turn.”
He emphasized, “I want you to vote for Peter Obi because I am qualified. Because I am competent. I know what I can do to put this country out of the brink.”
Obi stressed the need to strengthen and revive the local vigilante system in the country and have them work together with the police, believing that it would go a long way in solving the security challenges of the country.Dailypost.
- Police Arraign 37-Year-Old Man Over Alleged Canadian Visa Fraud In Osun
- BREAKING: Court Sends Popular Gubernatorial Candidate To 42 Years In Prison Over Corruption
- NANS Declares Nationwide Protest Against Detention Of Student On Orders Of Aisha Buhari
- Ooni, Wife Advocate Women Leadership Roles In Nigeria
- JUST IN: Nigeria Is not Broke — Finance Minister Insists
Education3 days ago
HND Holders To Be Employed As Assistant Lecturers In Polytechnics, Monotechnics – NBTE
News4 days ago
Inaugural Speech Delivered By New Governor Of Osun, Senator Ademola Adeleke
News4 days ago
Power Tussle:NURTW Members Engage Themselves In Battle As Osun Gets New Governor
News2 days ago
Olona Of Ada, Oba Oyetunde Installs Obafemi Okediya As Otunba Atobase Of Ada