A presidential aspirant of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Bola Tinubu, has claimed that without his support, President Muhammadu Buhari would not have won the 2015 election.
Speaking in Ogun State, Tinubu said, “If not me that led the war from the front, Buhari would not have emerged as the president. He contested first, second and third times, but lost. He even said on television that he won’t contest again.
“But I went to his home in Katsina, I told him you would contest and win, but you won’t joke with the matters of the Yorubas.
“Since he has emerged, I have not been appointed Minister. I didn’t get a contract.
“This time, it’s Yoruba’s turn and in Yoruba land, it’s my tenure.”
Tinubu appealed to the 60 delegates in Ogun to support him during the APC primary election.
Recall that President Buhari has appealed to governors of the APC to assist him in picking his successor.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- 2023: Osun TSO Holds Strategic Meeting, Implores All To Work For Asiwaju’s Victory
- LASG Disbands MOT Enforcement Team
- Rural-Urban Migration: Oyo CSDA, ALGON Collaborate on Community Projects Sustenance
- Sat Guru Maharaj jI Denies Allegation Of Cooking With Human Blood
- Oyo Deputy Governor, Bayo Lawal To Act As Governor For 23 Days
News4 days ago
Ede Killings: Osun Lawmaker Debunks Alleged Involvement In The Crisis
Crime2 days ago
Just In: Court Remands Osun Popular Thug, Rasidi Oko-Ilu Over Alleged Murder, Arson
Opinion4 days ago
Open Letter To The People Of Osun By Kunle Oyatomi
News4 days ago
FG, Private Employment Agencies Partners on Labour Migration