Ekiti State Executive Committee of All Progressives Congress, APC, has suspended Governor Kayode Fayemi.
A statement by the party on Friday said the governor was suspended due to “his numerous anti-party activities, especially his role in the recently concluded governorship election in Edo State, which is contrary to the provisions of Article 21 (A) (ii) of the APC Constitution.”
APC said five days before the Edo election, Fayemi hosted Mr. Femi Fani- Kayode, a Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, chieftain, in Ado Ekiti and planned a coup against Edo APC.
A second allegation against Governor Fayemi was that he played a role in the governorship election in Oyo State and supported the PDP candidate to defeat the APC candidate.
- NITAD’s Presidency: Ola Azeez Outlines 5-point Agenda
- #Endsars: On Civility And Human Rights We Stand- Nigerian Canadians
- Just In: Sanwo-Olu Reviews Curfew, Says Public Schools Remain Shut
- #EndSARS Violence: There’re Elements Anxious To Annihilate Our Region – Southwest Governors
- Son Of ISMAN National President, Damilola Kidnapped
News2 days ago
Breaking: Jubilation As Angry Osun Residents Break Into Warehouse Ede, Cart Away COVID-19 Palliatives
News4 days ago
Nigerian Baptist Convention Tell Youths What to do During the #EndSARS Protest
News5 days ago
BREAKING: Policemen Open Fire On Peaceful Protesters In Ondo, Three Persons Injured
News4 days ago
#Endsars: The Cry Of Nigerians For Nigeria By Rev Fr Peter Akinkunmi