Adams Oshiomhole, a former governor of Edo State and ex-National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, has faulted the Independent National Electoral Commission for deploying non-functional card readers for Saturday’s governorship election in the state.
He spoke with journalists after casting his ballot at Polling Unit 01, Ward 10 in Uzairue North-East under Etsako West Local Government Area.
He said, “Since 1999, this is the highest turnout that I have seen. Elderly women and men turned out impressively.
“The turnout showed that people have shown that they are ready for democracy. My only disappointment so far is that the machine is not working.
“The INEC officials have reported but they have not brought a new machine.
- NITAD’s Presidency: Ola Azeez Outlines 5-point Agenda
- #Endsars: On Civility And Human Rights We Stand- Nigerian Canadians
- Just In: Sanwo-Olu Reviews Curfew, Says Public Schools Remain Shut
- #EndSARS Violence: There’re Elements Anxious To Annihilate Our Region – Southwest Governors
- Son Of ISMAN National President, Damilola Kidnapped
News2 days ago
Breaking: Jubilation As Angry Osun Residents Break Into Warehouse Ede, Cart Away COVID-19 Palliatives
News4 days ago
Nigerian Baptist Convention Tell Youths What to do During the #EndSARS Protest
News5 days ago
BREAKING: Policemen Open Fire On Peaceful Protesters In Ondo, Three Persons Injured
News4 days ago
#Endsars: The Cry Of Nigerians For Nigeria By Rev Fr Peter Akinkunmi