A resident of Edo State, who identified himself as Charity, has explained how he was beaten by policemen and thugs suspected to be working for the All Progressives Congress for stopping a ballot snatcher at Unit 01, Adesuwa Primary School, Ward 7, Oredo Local Government.
Charity told the newsmen that immediately the thugs arrived at the unit, the policemen started shooting.
He said voters and electoral officers scampered to safety, a development, which made it possible for the thugs to carry away ballot boxes, ballot papers and other sensitive election materials.
“As the guy was running away with the ballot box, I ran after him. I caught up with him and immediately held him. Before I knew what was happening, some policemen came and started beating me.
“They asked me why I had to hold the guy, that was my business with a ballot box snatcher, they were joined by APC supporters. As some were slapping me, others were kicking me,” he said.
- NITAD’s Presidency: Ola Azeez Outlines 5-point Agenda
- #Endsars: On Civility And Human Rights We Stand- Nigerian Canadians
- Just In: Sanwo-Olu Reviews Curfew, Says Public Schools Remain Shut
- #EndSARS Violence: There’re Elements Anxious To Annihilate Our Region – Southwest Governors
- Son Of ISMAN National President, Damilola Kidnapped
News2 days ago
Breaking: Jubilation As Angry Osun Residents Break Into Warehouse Ede, Cart Away COVID-19 Palliatives
News4 days ago
Nigerian Baptist Convention Tell Youths What to do During the #EndSARS Protest
News5 days ago
BREAKING: Policemen Open Fire On Peaceful Protesters In Ondo, Three Persons Injured
News4 days ago
#Endsars: The Cry Of Nigerians For Nigeria By Rev Fr Peter Akinkunmi