The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) said the defection of the embattled Edo Governor Godwin Obaseki to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was not news to them.
The National Publicity Secretary of the party, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu, stated this while reacting to Obaseki’s defection on Friday.
He said: “It has not come to us as a surprise. We knew he had defected long ago because he resigned his membership of the party which we have accepted.
“So you can’t defect twice. So if he is defecting again, we don’t know whether what he has just done now is news any longer.
Obaseki resigned from the APC after it’s screening committee disqualified him from the June 22 governorship primary.
The NWC last Saturday affirmed his disqualification by the screening and appeal committees inaugurated by his political adversary Adams Oshiohmole.
- Lautech Hospital Congratulates Newly Elected NUJ Chairman
- Oyetola At 66: Omowaiye, Adewole Distribute Food Items To Women, Fuel To Okada Riders In Ilesa
- Nigeria @ 60: Be Committed To One Indivisible Country, Osun Speaker Charges Nigerians
- COVID-19: Kwara Schools Resume October 5
- Court Strikes Out $120,000 Fraud Case Against Binuyo, Osun Deputy Chief Of Staff
News5 days ago
Olojo Festival: Osogbo South LCDA Chair Aspirant, Fasola Greets Ooni Of Ife
News3 days ago
Oodua Republic: Count Us Out Of October 1st Rally – Egbe Isokan Yoruba
News3 days ago
Olojo Festival, Grand Celebration Of Rich Yoruba Cultural Heritage
News4 days ago
Olofa Instals New Iyalode Of Offa Kingdom