The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) said the defection of the embattled Edo Governor Godwin Obaseki to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was not news to them.
The National Publicity Secretary of the party, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu, stated this while reacting to Obaseki’s defection on Friday.
He said: “It has not come to us as a surprise. We knew he had defected long ago because he resigned his membership of the party which we have accepted.
“So you can’t defect twice. So if he is defecting again, we don’t know whether what he has just done now is news any longer.
Obaseki resigned from the APC after it’s screening committee disqualified him from the June 22 governorship primary.
The NWC last Saturday affirmed his disqualification by the screening and appeal committees inaugurated by his political adversary Adams Oshiohmole.
- AbdulRazaq Swears In New Perm Secs, Harps On Prudence, Team Work
- Protest As 26-Year-Old Man Dies From Broken Bottles Mounted By Policeman In Ogun
- Just In: Ortom Escapes, As Wife, SSG, HoS, Hit By Coronavirus
- Police Arrest Ebonyi NUJ Chairman, Tony Nwizi
- Kaduna Pastor Joseph Alhassan Arrested For Allegedly Raping Minor 5 Years
Crime3 days ago
Man, 45, Sentenced To 30 Days Imprisonment For Not Wearing Facemask In Osun
News1 day ago
‘I’ll Name My Prince Adesoji Aderemi”, Ooni Ogunwusi Vows As Family Celebrates 49th Ooni
South West News3 days ago
Court Orders dethronement Of Osun Monarch
News4 days ago
Osun SSG, Ten Others Test Positive For Covid-19