Less than 23 days to the governorship election in Ondo state, political thugs today attacked the convoys of Governor Rotimi Akeredolu and the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Eyitayo Jegede in Oba Akoko in Akoko southwest local government area of the state.
Both candidates were in the town to campaign ahead of the October 10 election in the state.
Media aides to both candidates traded blames in separate statements issued in Akure.
While Akeredolu said his convoy was attacked by Jegede supporters, the candidate of the PDP insisted that Akeredolu thugs were the attackers.
The spokesperson of the Akeredolu/ Ayedatiwa campaign organisation, Richard Olabode alleges that the PDP thugs attacked the governor convoy in Oba- Akoko and set campaign vehicle ablaze.
- Rainstorm: PDP Accuses Governor AbdulRazaq Of Insensitivity To Victims’ Plight
- Osogbo South LCDA Chair Aspirant, Fasola Congratulates Adeosun
- Breaking: Radio Nigeria Correspondent , Wasiu Ajadosu Emerges Osun NUJ Chairman
- Sadiya Umar Farouq’s Secret Wedding With Chief Of Air Staff Leaks
- Jimoh Aliu’s Death, A Blow To Nigerian Theatre Industry-Ooni
News3 days ago
Ex Accord Party Chairman, Fanibe Visits Gov Oyetola, Describes Him As An Exemplary Leader
News3 days ago
Olojo Festival: Ooni Of Ife Goes Into Seclusion
News4 days ago
Osun Govt Inaugurates Forestry Joint Tasks Force To Curb Illegal Activities In Forest Reserves
News5 days ago
Five Reasons Why PDP Won Edo Governorship Poll