Defying the downpour amid a crowd of home supporters, the Ondo State Governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, on Tuesday, told the people of the state not to lower the credibility and reputation of the state before the general public, urging them to vote wisely on Saturday.
Akeredolu, who spoke when his campaign trail visited his Owo country home, said Ondo people were known for intellectualism, brilliance and intelligence of high magnitude, and therefore, must use their votes to sustain the reputation of the state as they perform their civic responsibilities on Saturday.
Quoting a Greek Philosopher, Plato, Akeredolu said if the calibre of people struggling to take over his position are factored into consideration, the Saturday’s election is a battle between the philosopher-kings (the intellectuals) and the bush-league (the non-intellectuals and incompetent league).
Akeredolu said if his resume and his achievements thus far in governance are compared with his main challengers whom had also been in government, then, he represents the philosopher-kings while his opponents belong to the bush-league parlance.
Akeredolu, accompanied by the Govenor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello; former Governor of Ogun State, Senator Ibikunle Amosun; former Deputy Governor of Osun State and ex-chairman of Senate Committee on Appropriations, Senator Iyiola Omisore; the Director-General of his campaign organisation, Victor Olabimtan, among others, told the people of Owo that “we must show that we value excellence and integrity with our votes on Saturday.”
- COVID-19: Schools Not Ready For Resumption-Reps
- Yoruba Progressive Forum Greets Chief Bisi Akande At 82, Describes Him As A Detribalised Nigerian
- Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
- Osun NUJ Immortalizes Late Prominent Member, Alonge, Sets Up Foundation In Her Honour
- Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development