The Court of Appeal sitting in Owerri, Imo State, on Friday, sacked Senator Ifeanyi Araraume as the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC for the Imo North by-election.
Justice Uchechukwu Onyemenam delivered the judgment less than 24 hours to the bye-election.
The Imo North by-election holds on Saturday, December 5, in the 64 wards across the six Local Government Areas.
Justice Onyemenam declared Frank Ibezim, the authentic candidate of the ruling party APC ahead of the election.
The judge faulted an earlier judgement of the Federal High Court of November 6 which sacked Ibezim.
The justice ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to immediately enlist Ibezim’s name as the candidate of the party for the bye-election.
This is coming the same day a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja disqualified Ibezim as the APC candidate for the upcoming election.
- COVID-19: Schools Not Ready For Resumption-Reps
- Yoruba Progressive Forum Greets Chief Bisi Akande At 82, Describes Him As A Detribalised Nigerian
- Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
- Osun NUJ Immortalizes Late Prominent Member, Alonge, Sets Up Foundation In Her Honour
- Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development