Alhaji Muhammed Aliyu, the Kogi Chairman of the Nigeria Peoples Congress (NPC) has resigned from the party and withdraws from the Nov. 16 governorship election in the state.
Aliyu announced this in a statement he made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Abuja, saying that his action was ”with immediate effect”.
Aliyu, who is also the governorship candidate of the party in the forthcoming gubernatorial election, said that he had sent his letter of resignation to the National Chairman of the party.
“Among several reasons for my decision, is my desire to continue to maintain the integrity with which I left the public service after 35 years of meritorious service as executive director.
“I discovered that the political arena is not a place where I can continue to maintain that integrity with unblemished records of service.”
He thanked NPC for affording him the opportunity to serve.
- Budget Defence: Osun Assembly Suspends Consideration of Estimates of Two Ministries
- Court Fines DSS N100,000; Orders Release of Sowore Within 24 Hours
- Revealed: How Catholic Priest Slumped, Died During Football Match With Colleagues
- Security Of lives And Property Are My Priorities – Oyetola
- Accident Claims One Life In Osun
Crime3 days ago
Police Arraign Siblings For Allegedly Beating IBEDC Officials In Osun
News3 days ago
3,000 Osun Residents Benefit From Mount David Hospital Free Medical Outreach
Politics4 days ago
Ondo 2020: Akeredolu’s Achievements Will Earn Him Reelection—APC
News1 day ago
Breaking: Senate Rejects Hate Speech Bill