The All Progressives Congress (APC) on Monday, described reports and a statement from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) alleging that N90 billion or N40 billion was released to the party by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) for election campaigns as hogwash.
The FIRS had denied report that it gave billions to Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, before the 2019 general election.
APC spokesman, Lanre Issa-Onilu, said the report was an unintelligent and crude attempt at a smear campaign.
“Only the sponsors of the report believe their tales. We call on the sponsors of the baseless allegation to resolve their confusion”, he said.
“Last time it was N90 billion, now it is N40billion. We also challenge them to provide evidence from not only FIRS but any other government agency where the APC took one kobo for campaign.
“The matter of dipping hands into public coffers as a matter of official policy ended with PDP. We recall that leaders of the PDP had contemplated changing the name of their party at a time because they were ashamed of their own record of sleaze.
“We, however, refer the PDP and co-peddlers of falsehood to the records of the Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC) in terms of Cost of Collection accruing to FIRS and indeed the FIRS statement on the subject matter.”
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria
- Just In: IBB’s Spokesman, Chief Duro Onabule, Is Dead
- Cultists Supremacy Tussle: Amotekun Arrests 15 Over Killings, Robbery In Ogun
- Boundaries Between Nigeria, Neighbours Artificial, Says Gambari
- Constitutional Amendment : Osun Assembly Approves financial Independence Of State Assemblies and Judiciary
News5 days ago
Osun-Osogbo Festival: Devotees Defy Govt Warning, Drink ‘Healing Water’ From River
News3 days ago
Five Famous Countries Where Women Marry Multiple Husbands
News2 days ago
Man Electrocuted While Stealing Transformer Cables In Osogbo
News2 days ago
At Last, OSIEC Announces Date For Local Government Election