The United States (U.S.) reported more than 4,000 Coronavirus (COVID-19) deaths in one day for the first time on Thursday, as health systems struggle to cope with the number of sick and dying patients.
A total of 4,033 people died in connection with the disease within 24 hours, according to the COVID-19 Tracking Project.
The country has seen a total of 365,000 deaths linked to the coronavirus so far, according to data from Johns Hopkins university, out of a population of 330 million people.
On Thursday more than 266,000 new cases were reported, bringing the total tally to not less than 21.6 million cases.
Case numbers are particularly high in the state of California and in Los Angeles County, where more than 1 in 5 test results are coming back positive.
No other country comes close to as many confirmed coronavirus cases in terms of absolute numbers.
In India, there are 10.3 million confirmed cases, while in Brazil, 7.9 million have been counted.
Experts also assume there are a high number of unreported coronavirus cases in most countries. (dpa/NAN)
- Seven Kidnappers Arrested In Osun As Two Other Abducted Travellers Regain Freedom
- Afenifere Supports Pan Yoruba Summit, Commends Organizers For Timely Initiatives
- Insecurity: Presidency Dragging Nigeria To Political Armageddon -ADAPHAI
- Afenifere Supports Akeredolu’s Ultimatum To Herdsmen, Blasts FG
- Osun Teachers Recruitment: Exercise Will Be Based On Merit – Education Commissioner
News2 days ago
How Govt Officials Compelled Oluwo To Cancel My Installation As Otun Oluwo – Osun APC Scribe, Salinsile
News3 days ago
Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
News4 days ago
Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development
News2 days ago
LG Chairmanship: Osun APC Ward 13 Members Drum Support For Oris, State Reasons