Buhari Appoints New NYSC Director General
President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Brigadier-General Yusha’u Dogara Ahmed as the new Director-General (DG) of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
The appointment was made known in a statement released to the public on Thursday in Abuja.
Dogara Ahmed succeeds Mrs Christy Uba who was named the Overseer of the NYSC in November 2022.
Recall that Uba’s appointment followed the sacking of Brigadier-General Muhammad Fadah by President Buhari in the same month. Fadah was accused of corruption, nepotism and religious bias.
On September 2, 2022, a letter authored on behalf of the governing board of NYSC by its chairman, Fatima Abubakar, and addressed to the sports and youth development minister, Sunday Dare, listed a lot of issues against the DG.
The letter noted that some of the petitions against Fadah queried his academic qualifications and age, adding that the board had earlier called and spoken to DG concerning the allegations but failed to fulfil his promise to change.
- Fracas: Kwara Govt Announces Temporary Closure Of Mandate Market
- Nkechi Blessing, Kunle Afod, Others Mourn Death Of Colleague Gbemisola Anjola
- Man Arrested For Impregnating 19-Year-Old Daughter
- JUST IN: Sanwo-Olu Orders N5m Payment To Driver Assaulted During #EndSARS Memorial
- Appeal Court Judgement Aligns With The Wishes Of Osun people- Philanthropist