JUST IN: Police Rescue 19 INEC Ad-hoc INEC Staff Kidnapped In Imo
Police in Imo State have rescued 19 INEC Ad-hoc staff who were kidnapped in the early hours of Saturday in Imo State.
The development was confirmed by INEC authorities in the state, Channels News reports.
According to officials, the 19 INEC Ad-Hoc staff were on their way to seven different polling units in Ugbelie ward 06 in Ideato South LGA of Imo State when they were abducted.
INEC spokesperson, Chinenye Chijioke-Osuji, said the rescue took place after a distress call and information about the incident was made to the police who immediately swung into action.
She added that even though the staff were rescued, all the election materials which included BVAS and other sensitive materials were not recovered.
- Ayeni Gives N60M Worth Of Projects To Constituency To Mark 62nd Birthday Anniversary
- Obidients: Man Arrested At Abuja Airport Mentally Challenged – Lawyer Seeks Treatment
- Arewa Consultative Forum Seeks Arrest, Prosecution Of Advocates Of Interim Govt
- Police Arrest Lawyers Filing Tribunal Petitions For APC
- 82,000 Nigerian Women Die Annually From Pregnancy, Childbirth Complications – UNICEF
News4 days ago
Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC
News2 days ago
Breaking: Pandemonium In Osogbo As Correctional Vehicle Hit Minibus, 2 Injured
Opinion4 days ago
[OPINION]2023 Presidential Election: The Deceit, Arrogance Of Peter Obi & Datti Baba-Ahmed In Misleading Their Gullible Followers By Adeboye Adebayo
News4 days ago
Emefiele Begs NLC Not To Protest Over Naira Scarcity