Buhari To Electorate: If They Give Money, Collect, Vote Your Preferred Candidate
President Muhammadu Buhari has cast his vote at polling unit 003, Sarkin Yara A in Daura, Katsina State, with a call to electorate to vote for their preferred candidates even if politicians tried to offer them money.
The president, who briefly spoke to newsmen both in English and Hausa languages after casting his vote on Saturday, said his administration had been preaching against vote-buying and monetisation of politics, calling on politicians to desist from such acts.
“If they (politicians) still give you money, collect, but vote for your preferred candidates,” Buhari maintained.
He again thanked the electorate for trusting the All Progressive Congress (APC) in the Feb. 25 Presidential and National Assembly elections where the party’s candidate, Sen. Bola Tinubu, emerged winner.
Recall that the president, who cast his vote at about 9.55a.m, refused to ‘openly’ display his ballot paper as he did during the Feb. 25 Presidential election.
- CBN Instructs Banks To Open Weekends
- Just In: 10 Political Parties Reject Governorship Election Result In Ogun
- [Update]Osun Guber: Appeal Court Slams Oyetola, APC With N500,000 Cost As Adeleke Wins
- Breaking: Appeal Court Affirms Adeleke Winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Court Orders Service Of Petitions On Tinubu Through APC