Gunmen Kill Traditional Chief In Osun
A traditional chief identified as Gbenga Okotore has been reportedly killed by unknown gunmen in Okutu-Ope community, Ilesha, Osun State.
It was gathered that the attackers shot Okotore at a close range.
The armed men reportedly shot sporadically into the air before killing their target.
Speaking on the incident, a resident of the town, Adekunle Adegbola said that the deceased might have been trailed to the spot where he was murdered.
Adegbola further explained that they heard the sound of gunshots when the incident happened but could not move closer to the place for the fear of being killed too.
Confirming the incident, Police Public Relations Officer in the state, SP Yemisi Opalola said that the perpetrators of the act would be apprehended.
“Okotore was a chief, a community leader in the area. We have commenced work on the incident and those involved will not escape justice,” the PPRO stated.
- CBN Instructs Banks To Open Weekends
- Just In: 10 Political Parties Reject Governorship Election Result In Ogun
- [Update]Osun Guber: Appeal Court Slams Oyetola, APC With N500,000 Cost As Adeleke Wins
- Breaking: Appeal Court Affirms Adeleke Winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Court Orders Service Of Petitions On Tinubu Through APC