Adeleke Orders Payment Of Half Backlog Salaries, Arrears
Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke has ordered immediate payment of half salaries’ arrears and cash backing of promotion exercises from 2019 to 2022 in the state.
Recall that Former Governor of Osun State and current Minister of interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, in 2016 introduced half salary in the civil service which attracted several criticisms.
The governor, on Wednesday approved welfare packages for active and retired workers at both State and Local Government levels.
According to the statement issued by Mr Najeem Akintola for the Head of Service, Mr Ayanleye Aina announcing the Governor’s directives, contributory pensions owed would also be cleared.
The directives in the statement are: “the immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for January, 2016.
“Subsequent payment of arrears of half salaries once in a quarter beginning with the second quarter of year 2023;
“Monthly payment of arrears of half salaries to Contributory Pensioners (State and Local) who have not received their bonds with effect from February, 2023;
“Payment of four (4) months outstanding deductions (May and June, 2019, February, 2020 and October, 2022) starting with the immediate payment of May 2019 deduction and the other three
(3) months deductions at once per quarter; and
“Cash backing of the years 2019 to 2022 promotion exercises.”
- Fracas: Kwara Govt Announces Temporary Closure Of Mandate Market
- Nkechi Blessing, Kunle Afod, Others Mourn Death Of Colleague Gbemisola Anjola
- Man Arrested For Impregnating 19-Year-Old Daughter
- JUST IN: Sanwo-Olu Orders N5m Payment To Driver Assaulted During #EndSARS Memorial
- Appeal Court Judgement Aligns With The Wishes Of Osun people- Philanthropist