The Prelate of the Methodist Church, Nigeria His Eminence, Samuel Kanu-Uche, has regained his freedom alongside with the two priests.
Archbishop of Ilesa Archbishop Akinlose Akindeko that confirmed the release of the abductors said they were in good health though they looked tired and needed rest.
CityMirrorNews reports that the Prelate, the Bishop of Owerri, Rt. Rev. Dennis Mark and the Prelate’s Chaplain, were kidnapped on Sunday in Umunneochi Local Government Area of Abia.
They were abducted while they were on their way from a programme in the council area. It was later learnt that his abductors had demanded the sum of N100 million as ransom.
It is not clear if all or any part of the ransom had been paid before they were released. The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) had earlier yesterday appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari to order the release of the Prelate and the two others.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Gory Details Of Climate Change: A Blessing Turned To A Curse And The Call For Urgent Action By Yakubu Adekunle Alli
- Car Dealer Remanded In Prison Over alleged Fraud Of N13.3M In Osun
- Kogi Poly Goes Gaga, Rusticates 171 Students Over Academic Ineptness
- 2023: Sharada Dumps APC, Emerges As Kano ADP Guber Candidate
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria