An official of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) has reportedly passed on following the invasion of the Nigeria’s National Stadium by hoodlums.
Hoodlums invaded the Moshood Abiola Stadium in Abuja after Nigeria lost on aggregate to Ghana in the second leg of the 2022 World Cup qualifying tie.
As soon as the referee declared the match closed, a lot of angry Nigerian fans invaded the stadium complex, destroying the facility as well as causing havoc.
Dr. Joseph Kabungo, one of the CAF’s doping officials for the game between Ghana and Nigeria was caught in the crisis.
He was reported to have lost consciousness after he was beaten and stepped on as fans try to make their way out of the stadium due to stampede.
Reports said he has been confirmed dead, but Blueprint is yet to authentic the latest information as Nigeria’s sports officials haven’t made any comment.
Source: Blueprint Newspaper
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria
- Just In: IBB’s Spokesman, Chief Duro Onabule, Is Dead
- Cultists Supremacy Tussle: Amotekun Arrests 15 Over Killings, Robbery In Ogun
- Boundaries Between Nigeria, Neighbours Artificial, Says Gambari
- Constitutional Amendment : Osun Assembly Approves financial Independence Of State Assemblies and Judiciary
News5 days ago
Osun-Osogbo Festival: Devotees Defy Govt Warning, Drink ‘Healing Water’ From River
News3 days ago
Five Famous Countries Where Women Marry Multiple Husbands
News2 days ago
Man Electrocuted While Stealing Transformer Cables In Osogbo
News2 days ago
At Last, OSIEC Announces Date For Local Government Election