There was a pandemonium on Friday, at the residence of the Osun State chapter of All Progressives Congress (APC) party Chairman, Prince Gboyega Famodun, in Osogbo, as police operatives dispersed some aggrieved members of the party who stormed the area to protest over alleged manipulation of elections results for Ila/Ifedayo/Boluwaduro federal Constituency.
The aggrieved members of APC it was gathered stormed the residence of the Chairman to protest against the alleged rigging of the primary election result.
It was gathered that a House of Representatives aspirant, Ismail Kolawole, from the Ila federal constituency who led the protest was arrested by the police.
The protesters, who were dispersed by gunshot and teargas, accused the party of rigging the primary election in favour of Commissioner for Tourism, Adebisi Obawale, who was declared the winner after Kolawole had allegedly won the primary.
The protesters threatened to leave the party if the party fail to address the matter and declare the winner of the primary election.
When contacted, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Political Matter, Sunday Akere, said it is too early to protest, advising members of the party to wait for the final announcement by the committee.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Gory Details Of Climate Change: A Blessing Turned To A Curse And The Call For Urgent Action By Yakubu Adekunle Alli
- Car Dealer Remanded In Prison Over alleged Fraud Of N13.3M In Osun
- Kogi Poly Goes Gaga, Rusticates 171 Students Over Academic Ineptness
- 2023: Sharada Dumps APC, Emerges As Kano ADP Guber Candidate
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria