President Muhammadu Buhari has summoned his service chiefs for an emergency meeting on Thursday.
This comes barely 48 hours after the Presidential Brigade Guards came under attack by terrorists.
Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, confirmed the meeting on Wednesday during an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today.
“Tomorrow the President has summoned another security meeting with the heads of the security agencies,” Adesina said.
It was reported that senators from opposition parties issued Buhari a six-week ultimatum to tackle the security challenges bedeviling the country.
The minority leader, Senator Philip Aduda, flanked by other lawmakers at a press briefing today, demanded that Buhari resolves terrorist attacks in the country or be impeached.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- 2023: Osun TSO Holds Strategic Meeting, Implores All To Work For Asiwaju’s Victory
- LASG Disbands MOT Enforcement Team
- Rural-Urban Migration: Oyo CSDA, ALGON Collaborate on Community Projects Sustenance
- Sat Guru Maharaj jI Denies Allegation Of Cooking With Human Blood
- Oyo Deputy Governor, Bayo Lawal To Act As Governor For 23 Days
News4 days ago
Ede Killings: Osun Lawmaker Debunks Alleged Involvement In The Crisis
Opinion4 days ago
Open Letter To The People Of Osun By Kunle Oyatomi
News4 days ago
FG, Private Employment Agencies Partners on Labour Migration
Crime2 days ago
Just In: Court Remands Osun Popular Thug, Rasidi Oko-Ilu Over Alleged Murder, Arson