The National Industrial Court, NIC, sitting in Abuja, on Tuesday, struck out a suit filed by the National Association of Nigerian Students, NANS, to compel the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, and the Federal Government to call off the ongoing strike action.
Justice Polycarp Hamman closed further proceedings in the matter following the withdrawal of the suit by the factional President of NANS, Umar Faruk Lawal.
Lawal had informed the court that he filed the suit marked NICN/ABJ/273/2022 for himself and on behalf of NANS.
When the matter came up on Tuesday, Lawal, notified the court that he had filed a motion for discontinuance.
He said his decision to withdraw the suit was because of the challenge by NANS, which contested his standing and denied that he is the President of the student body, as he had deposed to.
Though the other two respondents were not represented, however, counsel to ASUU, Marshal Abubakar, informed the court that he was not opposed to Lawal’s application to withdraw the suit.
Consequently, Justice Hamman struck out the matter.
- Minor Goes Missing Over Tribal Marks In Osun
- Old Notes: House Committee Rejects CBN Extension, Threatens Emefiele’s Arrest
- Osun: How BVAS Exposed PDP’s Rigging Machine By Ismail Omipidan
- Breaking: CBN Bows To Pressure, Extends Naira Notes Swap Deadline
- Osun Tribunal Verdict: AGF Congratulates Oyetola, Asks Aggrieved PDP Members To Approach Appellate Court
News4 days ago
Again, Gunmen Kidnap Mother, Child In Osun
News4 days ago
Osun: APC Senatorial Candidate, Tadese Escapes Assassination As Political Thugs Allegedly Attack Supporters
News2 days ago
Senator Asks Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency On Security In Osun
Politics4 days ago
2023 Poll: I Married Igbo Lady, Vote For My Father, Tinubu’s Son Begs Anambra Electorate