Five victims have been rescued by a joint task force of operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, the Nigeria Police Force, and some residents.
The two-storey building in Kubwa, a suburb within Abuja Municipal Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, collapsed on Thursday night. The building is also housing a shopping mall.
One of the rescued victims, Hafeez Olayinka, confirmed that the building had collapsed on Thursday night at about 11:30 pm, but they were only rescued in the early hours of today (Friday), and had taken to the hospital.
Olayinka said: “We’ve been trapped since Thursday night. I have been here since Monday to fix up some things in the building.
“At about 11:30 pm on Thursday, we noticed that the building was collapsing, and we tried to escape. But five of us we were rescued this morning, and they took us to the hospital.”
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- 2023 Poll- There Won’t Be Inconclusive Election Result- INEC Tells Nigerians
- Nigeria Needs Tinubu’s Experience To Take The Country To Greatness-Group
- Reactions As Newly Wedded Couple Storm Obi’s Movement Rally In Abuja
- Just In: I’m Ready To Give You ‘Multitude’ Of War, Bandit kingpin Bello Turji Blows Hot Over Military Raid
- Africa Lagging In Global Development Due To Corruption — Buhari
Crime5 days ago
Court Jails Man For Stealing Pumping Machine In Osun
Crime3 days ago
Police Arrest Late MKO Abiola’s Ex-Wife For Assaulting Policewoman
News3 days ago
Calabar Lawyer In Coma Days After Wife Died In Car Clash While Chasing Him and Sidechic
News5 days ago
Gov Oyetola’s Aide, Aremo Reprimands Davido For Calling His Principal ‘Bad Human Being’