The Governor of Anambra State, Charles Soludo has proscribed all forms of levies on wheelbarrow pushers, hawkers and vulcanizers in the State.
Governor Soludo announced this, Wednesday, in post on his verified Facebook page.
He said that his government is committed towards ensuring that the poorest of the poor and privileges get protection.
The statement read: “As a government, we are determined to ensure the greater good for the greater number of our people. Part of this includes ensuring that the poorest of the poor gets protection and privileges from government as they go about wrestling positive livelihoods.
“To this end, we have proscribed all forms of levies on wheelbarrow pushers, hawkers and vulcanizers. If anything, they deserve all the support they can get from us at all times.
“All market unions across the State must take note and ensure full compliance to this directive,” he said.
- Just In: Ogunkanmi Withdraws From OSPOLY Alumni Presidential Race, States Reasons
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO