The Ikabigbo Community in the Etsako West Local Government Area of Edo State was thrown into panic on Sunday as a cleric known as Rev. Father Osia was abducted by gunmen.
He was whisked away from his residence by gunmen while preparing for Sunday Mass.
A source, who is familiar with the situation, said the vigilante group in the community were searching the area as well as combing the bush to ensure they rescue the priest.
The source also said the kidnappers shot and injured one of the community boys who was searching for the reverend father, adding that the victim has been rushed to the hospital for treatment.
“The kidnappers came with sophisticated weapons and took away the Reverend Father while he was preparing for the morning mass. It was sad. One of the boys who tried to look for the cleric was shot and he is currently in hospital,” the source said.
The traditional ruler of the community, Bramah Alegeh, who confirmed the incident, explained that efforts were on to ensure the release of the Catholic priest.
He further confirmed that the Army, in collaboration with local vigilante, were combing the bush to ensure the release of the cleric.
However, SP Chidi Nwanbor, the state Police Command spokesman, promised to get back when contacted.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Osun Police Arraign 35-Year- Old Woman Over Alleged Breach Of Public Peace
- 2023: Hoodlums Destroy House of Reps Candidate Billboard In Ibadan
- Just In :Appeal Court Panel Urges FG, ASUU To Settle Out Of Court
- 2023: Makinde Opens Two-Day Training For Candidates …Says We’ve Shifted Paradigms In Governance, Politics …Set To Flag-Off Iddo-Eruwa Road
- Media Aid Fired For Supporting Peter Obi