A loud explosion was heard in the premises housing the office of the Secretary to the Kogi State Government, Dr. Folashade Arike Ayoade.
The office premises is next to Lugard street, housing the Kogi State council of the Nigerian Union of Journalists secretariat.
The loud explosion was heard around 8.30 am on Tuesday as journalists gathered to prepare for the day’s assignments.
When contacted, the state Commissioner of Police, Edward Egbuka, confirmed the explosion.
He said, “Yes, what happened was that we were informed of a package that looked like a bomb was left on the premises and I immediately deployed the bomb disposal unit there to assess the object.
“The object was immediately blown up. The explosion you heard was the handwork of our bomb disposing unit brought about by their efforts to blow up the object.”
An investigation has also commenced to ascertain what the object was.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Gory Details Of Climate Change: A Blessing Turned To A Curse And The Call For Urgent Action By Yakubu Adekunle Alli
- Car Dealer Remanded In Prison Over alleged Fraud Of N13.3M In Osun
- Kogi Poly Goes Gaga, Rusticates 171 Students Over Academic Ineptness
- 2023: Sharada Dumps APC, Emerges As Kano ADP Guber Candidate
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria