The Nigerian Government on Wednesday lost its bid to transfer the suit of the extraordinary rendition of Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, from Umuahia to Abuja.
The Federal High Court in Umuahia, Abia State, insisted that it has the jurisdiction to hear and determine the suit.
This was disclosed by Kanu’s Special Counsel, Aloy Ejimakor, in a tweet stressing that the matter was still ongoing.
He wrote: “Breaking: Federal High Court, Umuahia denies the Federal Government’s application to transfer the ‘extraordinary rendition’ suit to Abuja, and rules that Umuahia has the jurisdiction to hear and determine the suit”. Reading of the rest of the judgment continues.”
The Special Counsel was challenging Kanu’s abduction and extraordinary rendition from Kenya.
He is, among other things, praying the court to order his return to Kenya, where he was abducted or UK, his country of abode.Dailypost
- BREAKING: Court Sends Popular Gubernatorial Candidate To 42 Years In Prison Over Corruption
- NANS Declares Nationwide Protest Against Detention Of Student On Orders Of Aisha Buhari
- Ooni, Wife Advocate Women Leadership Roles In Nigeria
- JUST IN: Nigeria Is not Broke — Finance Minister Insists
- Court Nullifies Abia APGA Guber Primary
Education3 days ago
HND Holders To Be Employed As Assistant Lecturers In Polytechnics, Monotechnics – NBTE
News4 days ago
Inaugural Speech Delivered By New Governor Of Osun, Senator Ademola Adeleke
News4 days ago
Power Tussle:NURTW Members Engage Themselves In Battle As Osun Gets New Governor
News2 days ago
Olona Of Ada, Oba Oyetunde Installs Obafemi Okediya As Otunba Atobase Of Ada