The Nigerian Labour Congress, NLC, has warned the Federal Government against provoking the people to embark on another round of nationwide protests as witnessed during the #EndSARS protest in October 2020.
The NLC urged the government to quickly take steps to resolve the ongoing industrial actions by staff unions in the nation’s tertiary institutions.
The Chairperson of the Lagos Council of the NLC, Mrs Funmi Sessy, gave the warning during the solidarity rally organised by the Congress in support of the Academic Staff Union of Universities ASUU and other unions who are on strike.
It was reported that ASUU had embarked on the lingering strike on February 14, after the Federal Government failed to implement the 2009 ASUU/FG Agreement on modalities to fund the country’s public university eduction.
Some of the demands among others things are, release of earned allowances for university lecturers, and deployment of the University Transparency and Accountability Solution platform for the payment of salaries and allowances of university lecturers.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Gory Details Of Climate Change: A Blessing Turned To A Curse And The Call For Urgent Action By Yakubu Adekunle Alli
- Car Dealer Remanded In Prison Over alleged Fraud Of N13.3M In Osun
- Kogi Poly Goes Gaga, Rusticates 171 Students Over Academic Ineptness
- 2023: Sharada Dumps APC, Emerges As Kano ADP Guber Candidate
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria