Police in Osun State have confirmed that its men on Monday recovered dangerous weapons from some political hoodlums at the venue of Osun East Senatorial primaries of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP).
The contest which was between incumbent Senator Francis Fadahunsi and former House of Representatives member, Hon. Gbenga Onigbogi was held in Ile-Ife.
Police Public Relations Officer, SP Yemisi Opalola confirmed the recovery of the weapons which included a gun, axes and others.
Opalola said, “One of the Senior Police officers at the scene sighted a man chasing another party man with dangerous weapons and he (police officer) pursued him and recovered a bag he was holding.
“The content of the bag turned out to be a gun, axes and other dangerous weapons”. Opalola said.
- FG Will Provide Adequate Security For 2023 Coming Elections – Aregbesola
- JUST IN: Another Governorship Candidate Dies One Month To Elections
- Osun Tribunal Judgement : Police Warn Troublemakers To Keep Off Verdict Venue
- OPINION: As FIRS Under NAMI JUMPSTARTS The Economy
- Kidnapped Osogbo Housewife, Child Regain Freedom
News4 days ago
Hunters Comb Bushes As Gunmen Kidnap Three In Osun
Crime3 days ago
JUST IN : Police Arrests APC State Chairman, Others Over Alleged Killings
News5 days ago
Pandemonium As Land Grabbers Beat Okada Rider To Death In Osogbo
News3 days ago
APC Presidential Campaign: Only Aregbesola Can Direct His Followers To Join Campaign In Osun- Group