Police in Osun State have confirmed that its men on Monday recovered dangerous weapons from some political hoodlums at the venue of Osun East Senatorial primaries of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP).
The contest which was between incumbent Senator Francis Fadahunsi and former House of Representatives member, Hon. Gbenga Onigbogi was held in Ile-Ife.
Police Public Relations Officer, SP Yemisi Opalola confirmed the recovery of the weapons which included a gun, axes and others.
Opalola said, “One of the Senior Police officers at the scene sighted a man chasing another party man with dangerous weapons and he (police officer) pursued him and recovered a bag he was holding.
“The content of the bag turned out to be a gun, axes and other dangerous weapons”. Opalola said.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Osun 2022: Ijesa Monarch Sues For Peace Among Political Parties In Ijesaland
- FULL LIST: Electoral Body, INEC Releases Names Of Presidential Candidates, Running Mates Ahead Of 2023 Elections
- Bandits May Take Over Some States Before 2023 – Prof. Abel
- Fish Out Attackers Of Gov Oyetola’s Convoy, APC Charges Security Agencies
- We’re Dying In Dubai, Arewa Girls Cry Out
News5 days ago
NBC Publication Director, Adelokoji is Dead
News3 days ago
Osun 2022: NURTW Chairman Alleges Threat To Life By Adeleke, PDP
News4 days ago
APC Presidential Primary: TSO Congratulates Tinubu, Buhari, Others, Describes Exercise As Victory For All
News3 days ago
Ortom: Why We Can’t Pay Benue Workers