The Aseyin of Iseyin, Oba Abdulganiy Salawdeen is dead.
The Aseyin was said to have died on Sunday after a protracted illness.
Sources within the palace and the town said the town was thrown into mourning following the departure of the monarch.
The Deputy Chairman of the Oyo State Council of Obas, Oba Francis Alao, who is the Olugbon of Orile Igbon described the death of Aseyin as shocking.
This is coming a few months after the demise of the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, and the Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Saliu Adetunji, who joined their ancestors in April and January 2022, respectively.
- IDF Congratulates Apetumodu On His Elevation As Vice-chairman, Osun Traditional Council
- UK Government Begins Plan To Ban Foreign Students To Curb Rising Migration Numbers
- Osun Police Arrest Two Men For Posting Fake Voice Note On WhatsApp
- Nigeria’s First Surveyor-General, Omoigui, Is Dead
- Osun Deputy Gov Urges Indigenes In Diaspora To Invest, Establish Business In Their Hometowns
Crime4 days ago
Mummy G.O Arrested For Providing Church Members’ Information To Kidnappers
News4 days ago
List Of Coordinators For Osun PCC Grassroots Engagement And Orientation Committee
News5 days ago
Just In: Osun APC Chairman, Famodun Becomes New Owa Of Igbajoland
News3 days ago
BREAKING: Buhari Unveils New Naira Notes