A London-based medical doctor, Obinna Obeta has been docked for allegedly conniving with Ike Ekweremadu and his wife, Beatrice to facilitate the travel of Ukpo Nwamini David for kidney harvesting.
Recall that the Metropolitan Police had on June 21 arrested the couple for allegedly planning to have David’s kidney removed for their daughter Sonia who was suffering from kidney failure.
David who earlier claimed to be 15 years old, on 5 May 2022, presented himself at Staines Police Station alleging that he was transported to the UK by Ekweremadus for his kidney to be removed.
On the other hand, Obeta was alleged to have conspired with the former Deputy Senate President to arrange or facilitate the travel of David with a view to exploiting him through organ harvesting.
The 50-year-old medical doctor of Hillbeck Close, Southwark, southeast London had according to reports, appeared at Bexley Magistrates’ Court on 13 July.
David who earlier claimed to be a minor had also confessed to the UK court that he is 21-year-old. Ekweremad and his wife are still in custody.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Nigeria Needs Tinubu’s Experience To Take The Country To Greatness-Group
- Reactions As Newly Wedded Couple Storm Obi’s Movement Rally In Abuja
- Just In: I’m Ready To Give You ‘Multitude’ Of War, Bandit kingpin Bello Turji Blows Hot Over Military Raid
- Africa Lagging In Global Development Due To Corruption — Buhari
- Tension As Bandits Kill 13 Worshippers During Juma’at Service
Crime5 days ago
Court Jails Man For Stealing Pumping Machine In Osun
Crime3 days ago
Police Arrest Late MKO Abiola’s Ex-Wife For Assaulting Policewoman
News3 days ago
Calabar Lawyer In Coma Days After Wife Died In Car Clash While Chasing Him and Sidechic
News5 days ago
Gov Oyetola’s Aide, Aremo Reprimands Davido For Calling His Principal ‘Bad Human Being’