Former Nigeria deputy Senator president, Ike Ekweremadu, and his wife, Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu, have been apprehended by the United Kingdom Police for a child organ harvesting.
The metropolitan police who confirmed the arrest on Thursday said the duo was charged with conspiring to bring a child to the UK in order to harvest organs.
The arrest followed an investigation by the force’s specialist crime team.
The Police said that they have been remanded in custody and will appear at Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court today.
“Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu, 55 (10.9.66) of Nigeria is charged with conspiracy toarrange/facilitate travel of another person with a view to exploitation, namely organ harvesting,” the statement reads.
“Ike Ekweremadu, 60 (12.05.62) of Nigeria is charged with conspiracy to arrange/facilitate the travel of another person with a view to exploitation, namely organ harvesting.
“A child has been safeguarded and we are working closely with partners on continued support”.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Ansar-Ud-Deen Society Honours Asiwaju of Ikire Land, Oyebamiji With National Merit Award Of Excellence
- 21 Drug Dealers Jailed, 71 Others Arrested In Niger
- Kano Man Abdullahi Idris Docked For Sodomising 13-year-old Boy
- IBEDC Appeals To Customers To Pay Bills, Says Tariffs Are Fixed By NERC
- Just In: Buhari Swears In Ariwoola As Acting Chief Justice Of Nigeria
News5 days ago
Ortom: Why We Can’t Pay Benue Workers
News3 days ago
Oyetola Reappoints Four Commissioners After Losing National Assembly Tickets
News4 days ago
Just In: Osun Assembly Extends Tenure Of Caretaker Committees Of LGs For Another Six Months
News4 days ago
Plateau Baptist Youths Begin Annual Conference