A young boy has been reportedly killed by a yet-to-be-identified Police officer over N20 sachet pure water in the Kabba area of Kogi State.
Dailypost gathered on Saturday that the death of the boy led to a wide protest in Kabba town by angry youths in the area.
It was further learnt that the protesters barricaded the police station in Kabba chanting war songs as the Police made efforts to dispel the gathering with firing of tear gas.
Eyewitness account revealed that the boy was alleged to have taken a sachet of pure water belonging to the policeman from the Policeman’s car to drink before he met his untimely death.
The Kogi State Commissioner of Police CO Edward Egbuka confirmed the incident on Saturday.
Egbuka, however, said a preliminary report from the Area Commander of the Police revealed that the accused officer only tried to defend himself when he had an altercation with the deceased victim.
For now, the police in Kabba are making frantic efforts to quell the uprising, with the Commissioner of Police assuring that he will carry out an investigation to determine the cause of the killing.
- Anozie Gives Award To Adebanjo, Calls For Kanu’s Release
- Ogunkanmi: The Golden Fish that Osun Poly Alumni Must Not Lose
- 2023 Poll : Why I’m Yet To Join APC Campaign – Yahaya Bello To Tinubu’s Son, Seyi
- Man sentenced To Death By Hanging For Gang Rape
- How We Rigged Anambra Election For Soludo – Suspect Alleges