Nine persons, who boarded a Golf Wagon, lost their lives on Saturday in Gwarzo, Kano, when the vehicle plunged into a dam.
The Public Relations Officer of the Kano Fire Service, Saminu Abdullahi, who confirmed the incident, said, ’’On Saturday, November 19, 2022, the state fire service received an emergency call from one Ali Faci at about 6:45pm.
“Faci reported an incident at Fada dam, Gwarzo Local Government Area, Dayi road, adding that firemen mobilised from Gwarzo fire station and arrived the scene at about 7:10pm.
“They discovered that an unregistered Golf Wagon car from Kano, heading to Katsina, plunged into Fada dam. Twelve unidentified persons were rescued on the spot.
The victims involved in the accident comprised two girls of about six months old, four women of about 30, 28, 27 and 25 years old, as well as six men of about 48, 45, 42, 40, 35 and 28 years old.
With the assistance of local fishers, the firemen successfully rescued three persons alive, while nine other victims, who were unconscious, were conveyed to Gwarzo General Hospital for medical attention but doctors confirmed them dead.
According to an eyewitness, one the victims as of the time of filing this report is still in the dam, promising that the search for the missing victim will continue until he is rescued.
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO
- Tension As Bandit Kill 90-Year-Old, Two Others In Fresh Gombe Attack