The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) have struck the enclave of a notorious gunrunner, Mallam Ila, in Zamfara.
The hideout was located at Manawa village in Shinkafi Local Government Area.
A NAF aircraft under Operation Hadarin Daji shelled the area in the evening of November 18.
Ila was the major supplier of sophisticated weapons to notorious terrorist, Bello Turji.
The military says he is a high-value target due to his closeness to Turji and Dan Bokoyo. Their footsoldiers carried out attacks in the Shinkafi axis as well as parts of Kaduna, Niger, Kebbi and Sokoto states.
A defence operative told PRNigeria that scores of terrorists were eliminated during the operation.
“Multiple explosions were observed with huge fireballs, indicative of other highly inflammable materials hidden in the location,” the source said.
- NANS Declares Nationwide Protest Against Detention Of Student On Orders Of Aisha Buhari
- Ooni, Wife Advocate Women Leadership Roles In Nigeria
- JUST IN: Nigeria Is not Broke — Finance Minister Insists
- Court Nullifies Abia APGA Guber Primary
- BREAKING: Gov Fintiri’s Convoy Involved In Fatal Crash, Four Die
Education3 days ago
HND Holders To Be Employed As Assistant Lecturers In Polytechnics, Monotechnics – NBTE
News4 days ago
Inaugural Speech Delivered By New Governor Of Osun, Senator Ademola Adeleke
News4 days ago
Power Tussle:NURTW Members Engage Themselves In Battle As Osun Gets New Governor
News2 days ago
Olona Of Ada, Oba Oyetunde Installs Obafemi Okediya As Otunba Atobase Of Ada