The Speaker of the Ekiti State House of Assembly Funminiyi Afuye has died following a cardiac arrest.
He was 66 years old.
“Rt. Hon Afuye died Wednesday evening at the Ekiti State Teaching Hospital (EKSUTH), Ado- Ekiti, where he was receiving treatment after suffering a cardiac arrest,” Yinka Oyebode, the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Abiodun Oyebanji, said in a statement Wednesday.
“The late Afuye, 66, was a former Commissioner of the Ekiti State Ministry of Information, and a two-time member of the State Assembly. He was inaugurated Speaker of the sixth Assembly on June 6, 2019.”
- Just In: Ogunkanmi Withdraws From OSPOLY Alumni Presidential Race, States Reasons
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO