An Abia High Court sitting in Umuahia and presided by Justice Benson Anya has awarded N1bn to the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, against the Federal Government over the infringement of his Fundamental Human Rights by the military.
In a judgment delivered Wednesday morning that last for an hour, Justice Anya said it was wrong for the military to have invaded his home in Afaraukwu, Umuahia on September 10, 2017, which made him flee the country.
The court while delivering judgment, urged the Federal Government to apply a political solution to resolve the Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB problem.
- JUST IN: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Stop Amaechi’s N96bn Alleged Fraud Probe
- How Thugs Attacked Former Ondo SSG, Abegunde After Tinubu Visit
- Killer Of My Daughter Bathed On Her Corpse –Mother
- Int’l Children’s Day: IBEDC Takes Awareness On Electricity Safety Campaign To Osun Schools
- Monetised Primary , A Mess –Jonathan
News5 days ago
RCCG Protests In Osun Over Killing Of Deborah, As Soyinka Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Abuja Chief Imam
Opinion5 days ago
If Patriotism, National Development & Good Governance Are The Factors: Bola Tinubu Should Be Buhari’s Preferred & APC Consensus Candidate But Party Primaries Remain The Best By Adeboye Adebayo
News4 days ago
Journalists, APC Supporters Injured As Political Thugs Attack Oyetola’s Campaign Train (Photos)
News3 days ago
7th Combined Convocation: 14,000 Students Graduate From OSPOLY-Rector