A nine-year-old girl ostensibly impregnated by her father has been delivered of a baby at the United Bulawayo Hospitals in Zimbabwe.
The baby was born on Monday via a caesarean section. UBH acting clinical director Dr Harrison Rambanapasi said, “I wish to inform the nation that our nine-year-old has given birth at UBH. Our specialists performed the C-section in the early hours of today.
“The outcome is a healthy baby girl with a weight just above 3kg. Both the mother and the baby are in a stable condition.”
Meanwhile, the father of the minor, who was the only male relative she lived with was arrested in August when it was discovered that she was pregnant.
The victim said the abuse only occurred at night.
The Zimbabwean First Lady, Dr Auxillia Mnangagwa, visited the then pregnant victim on Saturday with groceries and other items. Pm News
- Just In: Ogunkanmi Withdraws From OSPOLY Alumni Presidential Race, States Reasons
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO