A 105-year-old voter in the ongoing Ekiti State governorship election, Mrs Felicia Fayomi, has charged whoever would emerge the winner of the election to represent the general interests of the people of the state by ensuring peace, economic prosperity and fighting against poverty.
Fayomi, who is said to be one of the oldest voters in the ongoing exercise made the charge after casting her vote at Polling Unit 6 Ward 2 in Ifaki-Ekiti.
While expressing joy for having exercised her civic right as she had ever wanted, she also charged the possible winner of the poll to work on reducing the cost of living in the state.
The woman, who was brought to the polling unit by one of her granddaughters, danced after casting her vote.
According to her, she was happy to be alive to exercise her right at the ongoing election.
She said, “I am happy today. I wanted to vote and I have just done that.”
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Kaduna: NDLEA Wages War Against Drug Traffickers, 121 Arrested, 13 Joints Sealed
- PDP Drags APC, INEC, Omo-Agege, Others To Court
- Tragedy As Hunter’s Son Shoots Brother Dead While Testing Bulletproof Charm Acquired by Their Father
- What God Told Me About 2023 General Election – Fr. Mbake Reveals Vision
- Don’t judge me, mother who ‘Dumped’ Baby On Street Says In Note
News4 days ago
Osun LG Election: Otan-Ile APC Members Protest Imposition Of Chairmanship Candidate By Party Leadership
News4 days ago
Breaking: Supreme Court Affirms Osun Gov-elect, Adeleke As PDP Candidate
News3 days ago
I Wish You Best In Your Adminstration, Babayemi Congratulates Adeleke
News5 days ago
Adeleke Vs Babayemi: Osun Residents Assured Of Safety As Supreme Court Delivers Judgement Today