Following the division among the governors of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Caretaker Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC) over whether the national convention should hold or not, the Director General of the Progressive Governors Forum (PGF) Salihu Lukman, has resigned from the office.
CityMirrorNews gathered reliably that Sunday’s meeting of the APC governors deliberated on whether the DG should be forced to resign or not.
It was gathered that governors were sharply divided over the matter.
A competent source told CityMirrorNews that while majority of the governors opposed to the pressure to force Lukman’s resignation, few of the governors insisted on him to go.
Effort to speak with the PGF boss was unsuccessful as at the time of filling this report.
- Just In: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader
- JUST IN: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Stop Amaechi’s N96bn Alleged Fraud Probe
- How Thugs Attacked Former Ondo SSG, Abegunde After Tinubu Visit
- Killer Of My Daughter Bathed On Her Corpse –Mother
- Int’l Children’s Day: IBEDC Takes Awareness On Electricity Safety Campaign To Osun Schools
News5 days ago
RCCG Protests In Osun Over Killing Of Deborah, As Soyinka Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Abuja Chief Imam
Opinion5 days ago
If Patriotism, National Development & Good Governance Are The Factors: Bola Tinubu Should Be Buhari’s Preferred & APC Consensus Candidate But Party Primaries Remain The Best By Adeboye Adebayo
News4 days ago
Journalists, APC Supporters Injured As Political Thugs Attack Oyetola’s Campaign Train (Photos)
News3 days ago
7th Combined Convocation: 14,000 Students Graduate From OSPOLY-Rector