Former governor of Osun state and the current minister of Interior,Rauf Aregbesola, has been said to have isolated self from Osun Gubernitorial election as he had travelled to Germany before poll.
CityMirrorNews learned that Aregbesola, who is at political loggerhead with the incumbent Governor of the state, Gboyega Oyetola, said to have travelled out of the country to attend a meeting in Germany as part of his oversight duty to his office.
Recall Aregbesola had also missed the All Progressives Congress (APC) rallies in the build-up to Saturday’s election.
It was said Aregbesola left Nigeria on Friday to attend a conference slated for Monday in Germany by the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU), sources have confirmed.
On Saturday morning, there was free bean cake (akara) for people at Aregbesola’s home in Ilesa.
While the voters expect Aregbesola, akara is being shared at the entrance of his residence.
The former Lagos State Commissioner of Works and Infrastructure usually votes in Ilesa East, Ward 8, Polling Unit 1, but he was absent today.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Osun Police Arraign 35-Year- Old Woman Over Alleged Breach Of Public Peace
- 2023: Hoodlums Destroy House of Reps Candidate Billboard In Ibadan
- Just In :Appeal Court Panel Urges FG, ASUU To Settle Out Of Court
- 2023: Makinde Opens Two-Day Training For Candidates …Says We’ve Shifted Paradigms In Governance, Politics …Set To Flag-Off Iddo-Eruwa Road
- Media Aid Fired For Supporting Peter Obi