The police in Ondo have charged Ogunseyi Akinfolarin, a former brother-in-law of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, with forgery and illegal conversion of N26 million.
The accused is Naomi Silekunola’s brother, the former wife of the Ooni of Ife.
Akinfolarin was accused of forging the Atibiti Faaye family’s receipt for the acquisition of 32 parcels of land. He was charged with three counts of forgery and illegal conversion of money.
One of the charges read: “That you, Ogunseyi Akinfolarin, fraudulently convert the sum of N26m being proceeds of the sale of plots of land belonging to Atibuti Oni at Akure, Ondo State.”
According to the prosecution, the alleged offenses were committed in September 2019.
The alleged offenses are punishable under sections 467 and 390(8)(b) of the Criminal Code Cap 37 Vol 1 Laws of Ondo State 2006. Akinfolarin pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Prosecuting counsel DSP Osoobu Itunu told the court that the team is ready to open the case, adding that all witnesses are ready to testify.
Justice Yemi Fasanmi adjourned the case to January 9, 2023, for trial.
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO
- Tension As Bandit Kill 90-Year-Old, Two Others In Fresh Gombe Attack