Federal high court sitting in Osogbo has barred the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), from involving Amotekun in the July 16, Osun governorship election.
The court further restrained Amotekun from volunteering her corps for the Osun 2022 governorship Election.
The order reads in full: “THAT 1st Defendant (INEC) is hereby restrained from requesting the deployment of the 2nd defendant (Amotekun corps) as part of the security personnel deployable for the purpose of Osun 2022 Governorship election pending the determination of the originating summons filed in this suit.
“THAT the 2nd defendant is hereby restrained from the deploying or volunteering her officers, agents, staffs as part of the security personnel deployable for the purpose of Osun 2022 Governorship Election pending the
determination of originating summons filed in this suit.
“That the applicant should file an undertakingindemnifying the respondent should this application not
be granted in the first place.
“THAT the case is adjourned 20th day of July, 2022”.
- Buhari Declares Tinubu As Next President Of Nigeria
- Yoruba Obas Fume Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes, Fuel, Urge Buhari To Respond To Cries Of Nigerians
- Opposition Elements Want To Create Political Crisis With Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity, Says Tinubu
- Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Badmus Provides Free Medical Service To Osogbo Residents
- Just In: Protest Rocks Ibadan Over Naira Crisis, Fuel Scarcity
Foreign News3 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
Crime3 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
News3 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News3 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies