Ekiti lawmakers have elected the former leader of the Government Business, Gboyega Aribisogan as the new Speaker of the Assembly.
Aribisogan, who hails from Ijesha-Isu in Ikole Local Government Area, was sworn in at the plenary on Tuesday by the clerk of the House, Mr. Tola Esan.
The number one legislative seat became vacant following the demise of Speaker Funminiyi Afuye after suffering cardiac arrest.
Afuye, who represented Ikere Constituency 1 at the Assembly, died on October 19 at Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital (EKSUTH). He was interred last Friday in his country home, Ikere-Ekiti.
- JUST IN: Buhari Off To Guinea-Bissau
- “What Happened To Kunle Remi?” – Fans React As Popular Actress Bimbo Ademoye Reportedly Engaged To VJ Adams
- BREAKING: Spain-Born Hakimi Sends Morocco To World Cup Quarter-Finals
- 2023: ‘Vote APC Or We Deal With You’ –Powerful Lawmaker Threatens Constituents
- Court Remands Suspected Cultist For Attempting To Kill Policemen In Osun
Entertainment4 days ago
19 Youths To Receive Award At 7th Osun Youth Ambassador Award On Sunday
News3 days ago
How Wall Gecko Allegedly Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun
News5 days ago
Police Arrest Four Secondary School Students Over Classroom Romance
News4 days ago
Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola As APC Candidates In July 16 Guber Polls