Four people are feared dead after a 40ft container fell on Aleto bridge, around the Eleme axis of the East-West road in Rivers State.
The container was said to have knocked two smaller vehicles, into the River.
The incident occurred on Friday during the heavy rainfall.
The accident caused heavy gridlock on the road as commuters were left stranded.
The Eleme axis of the East-West road has remained dilapidated for years despite several protests by youths and other stakeholders in Ogoni land.
Earlier in the week, a youth group threatened to stage a massive protest on the road at the end of October if the federal government fails to mobilize contractors to the road to commence the repairs.
The Rivers State police command is yet to comment on the incident.
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO
- Tension As Bandit Kill 90-Year-Old, Two Others In Fresh Gombe Attack