There was tension in Osogbo, the Osun State capital, on Saturday as policemen and soldiers confronted were involved in an exchange of gunfire.
The incident that happened in Ajegunle/Old Garage area, created anxiety as traders scampered for safety.
Findings showed that some soldiers beat up a policeman over a cause, yet to be ascertained, hence the quarrel.
The incident, according to sources, forced policemen from Dugbe Police Division to descend on the soldier.
It was gathered that the policemen rescued their officer from the soldier and this led to an exchange of gunshots.
A resident of the area said, “we all run away when they started shooting because it was like a war zone.”
Police spokesperson Yemisi Opalola confirmed the incident.
She said the matter has been resolved and peace has returned to the area.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- 2023 Poll- There Won’t Be Inconclusive Election Result- INEC Tells Nigerians
- Nigeria Needs Tinubu’s Experience To Take The Country To Greatness-Group
- Reactions As Newly Wedded Couple Storm Obi’s Movement Rally In Abuja
- Just In: I’m Ready To Give You ‘Multitude’ Of War, Bandit kingpin Bello Turji Blows Hot Over Military Raid
- Africa Lagging In Global Development Due To Corruption — Buhari
Crime5 days ago
Court Jails Man For Stealing Pumping Machine In Osun
Crime3 days ago
Police Arrest Late MKO Abiola’s Ex-Wife For Assaulting Policewoman
News3 days ago
Calabar Lawyer In Coma Days After Wife Died In Car Clash While Chasing Him and Sidechic
News5 days ago
Gov Oyetola’s Aide, Aremo Reprimands Davido For Calling His Principal ‘Bad Human Being’