The Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Usman Baba has dismissed Corporal Opeyemi Kadiri attached to Dolphin Division Headquarters, Lagos Police Command for gross misconduct, disobedience to lawful order, and assault on a member of the public captured in a viral video on August 3, 2022.
The dismissed officer with Force Number: 509745 who, enlisted into the Force on December 6, 2016, was caught searching a commuter’s phone by the road side contrary to the directives of the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, to that effect.
According to a statement by the Force Public Relations Officer, CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, the dismissed officer also assaulted the commuter who attempted to bring the order to his notice.
His dismissal, Adejobi said, takes effect from Friday, August 12, 2022.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Police Launch Manhunt For Woman Who Stole 8-Day-Old Twin Baby From Hospital
- Osun Guber: We’re In Court To Deepen Our Democratic Values- Oyetola’s Aide
- NIGERIA@62: Cast Votes In Defence Of Good Governance In 2023, Makinde Tasks Nigerians
- Black Sunday: 7 People, Child, Die As Commercial Bus Catches Fire in Lagos
- Stop Expensive Burials, Help Those Alive – Fr. Gopep To Christian
Crime3 days ago
Police Arrest Late MKO Abiola’s Ex-Wife For Assaulting Policewoman
News3 days ago
Calabar Lawyer In Coma Days After Wife Died In Car Clash While Chasing Him and Sidechic
Health2 days ago
Details Of Female Lawyer Who Died Chasing Her Husband’s Side Chick Emerged As Side Chick Deactivates Social Media Accouts
Crime3 days ago
Police Arraign 2 Over Alleged Vandalization Of Transformer In Osun