A journalist in Nasarawa state who worked with the state-owned media, Nasarawa Broadcasting Service, Salisu Maki, in Lafia town, has been abducted by gunmen.
The gunmen numbering nine on Tuesday stormed Maki’s residence shooting sporadically into the air to scare people away while they kidnapped the victim.
The incident occurred at about 9:30am along Akurba road, in the Lafia local government area, Nasarawa State while the victim had just returned from work, eyewitnesses said.
One of Maki’s neighbours said “he was kidnapped after arriving at his house from the office where he worked on the night shift.”
“When the man arrived in his house after closing from work, the gunmen stormed the compound and started shooting and took him away,” an eyewitness said.
The Police Public Relations Officer in Nasarawa State, Raham Nansel, confirmed the incident.
According to the spokesperson, the Commissioner of Police, Adesina Soyemi, has deployed different police formations in search of the group to rescue the victim.
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO
- Tension As Bandit Kill 90-Year-Old, Two Others In Fresh Gombe Attack