A journalist in Nasarawa state who worked with the state-owned media, Nasarawa Broadcasting Service, Salisu Maki, in Lafia town, has been abducted by gunmen.
The gunmen numbering nine on Tuesday stormed Maki’s residence shooting sporadically into the air to scare people away while they kidnapped the victim.
The incident occurred at about 9:30am along Akurba road, in the Lafia local government area, Nasarawa State while the victim had just returned from work, eyewitnesses said.
One of Maki’s neighbours said “he was kidnapped after arriving at his house from the office where he worked on the night shift.”
“When the man arrived in his house after closing from work, the gunmen stormed the compound and started shooting and took him away,” an eyewitness said.
The Police Public Relations Officer in Nasarawa State, Raham Nansel, confirmed the incident.
According to the spokesperson, the Commissioner of Police, Adesina Soyemi, has deployed different police formations in search of the group to rescue the victim.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Tomorrow Is ‘Operation Show Your PVC Day’, PFN Tells Christians
- Gospel Singer, Osinachi, Laid To Rest In Abia
- Governor Akeredolu Mandates Churches, Schools, Hotels, Other Public Places In Ondo To Install CCTV Cameras
- Osun 2022: Ijesa Monarch Sues For Peace Among Political Parties In Ijesaland
- FULL LIST: Electoral Body, INEC Releases Names Of Presidential Candidates, Running Mates Ahead Of 2023 Elections
News3 days ago
Osun 2022: NURTW Chairman Alleges Threat To Life By Adeleke, PDP
News5 days ago
NBC Publication Director, Adelokoji is Dead
News4 days ago
APC Presidential Primary: TSO Congratulates Tinubu, Buhari, Others, Describes Exercise As Victory For All
News3 days ago
Ortom: Why We Can’t Pay Benue Workers